Packaged Integration Enhancements (PIE)
The PIE Framework is the missing element HPE customers need to rapidly achieve lasting integration success with HPE IT Operations Management solutions.
Learn More About The PIE Framework
Effectual’s Packaged Integration Enhancements (PIE) framework is a fully mature integration specification process and standard for HPE UCMDB. PIE allows all of the different HPE on-premise Operations Management solutions to work as a true single platform. It integrates and normalizes one complete and accurate set of operational and financial data across your entire tool suite, with no impact on how you use any of the tools themselves.
The speed, reliability, and accuracy of Effectual’s PIE solutions allow HPE UCMDB to synchronize the same valuable information across all HPE and third party tools. PIE shares data and events as they occur across systems without adding additional complexity, while leveraging all the great features and industry-leading process automation provided by HPE.
Using the PIE framework as a starting point, the confusion and issues normally associated with integrating one solution to another are entirely avoided. Adding one of the PIE solutions to UCMDB takes just minutes or hours, instead of weeks or months. Each PIE solution can be added at any point, no matter how much data or maturity one tool system may have over another.
PIE uses the complete UCMDB CI Type Model and ITIL v3 object library as a reference for all external data types and attributes. Using this approach allows UCMDB to provide efficient reconciliation and lifecycle management to all the data that can and should be shared across an integration. This level of synchronization occurs automatically without user interaction. While this approach doesn’t rule out or limit the ability to leverage federation from a remote system, the data that is often desired in a federation operation is already up to date in the local system and is available to use.
PIE makes use of HPE integration code, but uses a fully redesigned and redeveloped set of queries, mappings and rules to consistently tell the code how, and on what, to operate across all HPE Software and third-party solutions that Effectual supports. Our framework replaces the HPE-provided adapter packages with a cohesive, cross-portfolio standard that serves as an extensible foundation for integration that is fast, reliable, and easily supportable.
- Bi-directional integration for UCMDB & Service Manager
- Accelerates maturity in your change, incident, and problem processes
- Superior data quality for more accurate impact analysis
UCMDB & Universal Discovery
- Unrivaled performance & reliability
- Steadfast 24/7 discovery
- Superior data quality, even with many integrated sources of similar info
- Exclusive role-based widgets for ITSM and ITFM actors
- Redesigned Solr indexing delivers the best performance and scope available anywhere
- Empowers knowledge workers with premium Service Modeling functionality
See For Yourself!
- Bi-directional integration for UCMDB & Asset Manager
- Accelerates maturity in your Software Asset Management & chargeback processes
- Superior data quality for compliance audits
IT Business Analytics (Executive Scorecard)
- Normalized data from Effectual CMS
- Simplified deployment reduces time to value
- Better decision making with audit-worthy data
Business Service Management
- Bi-directional integration for UCMDB & BSM/OMi
- Provides unparalleled accuracy for effective coverage
- Superior data quality reduces effort and eliminates waste